Here are some amazing facts about Mona Lisa painting :
- Lisa del Giaconda is the real name of Mona Lisa.
- Mona Lisa doesn’t have an eyebrow.
- The painting Of Mona Lisa is considered priceless so it can’t be insured.
- On August 21, 1911, Mona Lisa painting was stolen from Louvre. It took 28 hours before someone noticed that it was missing.
- Emotion Recognition Software determined that Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is 83% Happy, 9% Disgusted, 6% Fearful and 2% angry.
- In 1956, a man named Ugo Ungaza threw a stone at the painting. This resulted in a small patch of damaged paint next to her left elbow.
- The Mona Lisa is probably the most famous, most studied , most widely recognized, and most visited painting in the world.
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leonardo Da Vinci worked on the painting, used more than thirty layers of paint on the Mona Lisa, some of which were thinner than a human hair.
The Mona Lisa was painted with oil paint on a poplar wood panel as the dimension of the painting is actually just 53 x 77 centimeters (21 x 30 inches) – which is just a little bit larger than an A2 piece of paper.
The Mona Lisa is now over 500 years old!